”Eating meal replacement biscuits, you can lose weight without dieting or exercising.” The market’s various kinds of high-priced meal replacement foods, such as meal replacement biscuits, meal replacement powder, meal replacement bars, meal replacement soups, meal replacement milkshakes, etc. The popular market has attracted many eyes to lose weight and love beauty.
However, the case of “food for meal replacement, which causes problems in physical health” is frequently disclosed. Recently, the news that “a young girl eats biscuits to lose weight and causes cardiac arrest” has attracted the attention of many people!
So, can meal replacement foods lose weight? What are the harms to the body? Can you still eat? Let me talk about it in detail today!
What is a meal replacement food?
The so-called meal replacement food is the food that replaces some or all of the meals. The common meal replacement forms include meal replacement biscuits, meal replacement powder, meal replacement bars, meal replacement milkshakes and meal replacement porridge. It can quickly and conveniently provide a large amount of various nutrients to the human body, and has the characteristics of high fiber, low calorie and easy to satiety.
There are many types of meal replacement products, such as the flower pies that use konjac as raw materials, and the multigrain powders that are milled with grains. All meal replacements have the same effect when used as a calorie control meal.
Can you lose weight by eating a meal replacement cookie?
With the banner of “natural, nutritious, low-calorie, and long-lasting energy”, the merchants advocated the weight-loss effect of meal replacement biscuits. For obese people, even if you don’t eat meal replacement biscuits, you can lose weight as long as you control the energy intake less than the energy consumed.
On the other hand, if you eat the meal replacement biscuits without restriction, the energy consumed will exceed the energy consumed, not only will not lose weight, but will increase weight.
What are the health risks of using meal replacement biscuits completely?
Due to different production technology and health awareness, not all manufacturers produce meal replacement biscuits with low fat, low sugar, low salt, high dietary fiber and comprehensive nutrition. If the dieter replaces the dinner with three meals a day or a long time with a meal replacement cookie, it is not good for your health.
1. Meal replacement cookies and can not achieve, “Chinese Dietary Guidelines” recommended intake of nutrients, but can not substitute Valley potato, fresh vegetables and fruit, meat, eggs and beans and other foods natural nutrients, long-term consumption could easily lead to nutritional Bad .
2. Meal biscuits have low protein content and are also prone to fatigue, memory loss, and low resistance.
3. Meal biscuits tend to have higher fat content, and long-term consumption increases the risk of fatty liver .
How to use meal replacement biscuits to help you lose weight?
1. It is recommended to replace the staple food with a meal replacement cookie. Choose the product that best suits your taste and fat content, and read the instructions before you eat, in order to play the meal replacement effect.
2. Drink more water every day. Add enough water.
3. Eat more vegetable. Dietary fiber-rich vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, and rape.
4. Also eat enough protein. High-protein, low-fat white meat such as fish, shrimp, and chicken.
5. Ensure enough sleep. Sufficient sleep can help you stabilize your metabolism and suppress your appetite.